October 1, 2010

A Little More Crafty Love

Hi all!  Hannah's sewing machine is broken at the moment (we entered to win one on a local TV show, so our fingers are crossed!) so we're on break from producing anything at the moment.  But I thought I'd show you a little project I did for my sons' new (6 month old) little brother.  I was getting ready to send my son that Skull Notebook I made for him not too long ago so I thought this would also be a good time to give his baby brother a little something.


 My son's father re-married a beautiful woman (inside and out!) a couple of years ago and recently had a little one.  The baby came a little early and then summer was here and things were a bit crazy for a while, so I thought I'd make her a late (sorry!) baby shower gift.  Remember those freezer paper stencils I did for my friends' kids a while back? Well, I thought about what I could do for a boy- I chose a rubber ducky for one, and a sock monkey for the other (his mom loves monkeys!).






I can't believe I photographed them on top of my dirty lookin' craft table, but it's all dry paint, so it didn't hurt the baby onsies:)

And then, I decided to try my own version of a burp cloth.  Hannah has done a few for friends of hers using cute fabric on one side and just white terrycloth on the other. I didn't have any terrycloth, but I did have some white gauzy material that I thought might work.  I just doubled it up, sewed it together and then used the blue striped fabric (all the other fabric I have is pretty girly) in a sort of cloth diaper pattern.  I think it turned out pretty cute!


I just love making stuff for people!  I hope the baby likes it!

2 comments: